- An effective way of limiting speeds
- Use is advised particularly near junctions or dangerous bends, at the start of built-up areas, near schools, pedestrian crossings, etc
- The traffic light, normally mounted on a single pole, detects the arriving vehicle’s speed with a microwave radar.
- If the speed exceeds the preset limit, the light changes from green to amber and then red, thereby penalizing the undisciplined driver.
- The times of the phases can be programmed, and by altering the time on red, it’s possible to stop drivers or simply slow them down, to avoid noise and environmental pollution.
- Our system has been tested by various councils with more than positive results and no particular maintenance is needed.
- To ensure good functioning, it’s advisable to install the detector on a straight section of road at least 130m in length.
- A solar panel powered version is also available.